I've never seen a flag with the black strip hanging near it...how appropriate. I saw American Sniper and Chris Kyle will never leave my memories...or my gratitude. The stunning irony that he'd get killed HERE after 4 deployments of such danger sits so uneasily. I can only imagine his family, after they'd finally realized he was SAFE, then to get the news. God bless Chris Kyle and God bless his family. Thanks, Chuck; this is so important.
Thank you for your comment, Z. As I told Odie, above, this is one of those posts that I hate to do. It seems that I'm attaching the mourning streamer to the Colors a lot more than I used to have to do. I fly the Colors 24/7 (flood light comes on at dusk and goes off at sunrise.)
Yes, it was a horrible thing, after all he had been through. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I had a friend who fought in Viet Nam and returned home without a scratch. He went out one early morning to get the newspaper and a copperhead snake bit him on the hand. He died almost instantly. When it's your time, it's your time.
As always, good to hear from you, Brother! You served and we're Brothers. To be truthfully about it, I was gonna join the Navy. I'm not the brightest light on the string and, somehow, I must have gotten in the wrong line!
Great Post Marine!
ReplyDeleteOne I hate to do, ODIE.
DeleteI've never seen a flag with the black strip hanging near it...how appropriate.
ReplyDeleteI saw American Sniper and Chris Kyle will never leave my memories...or my gratitude.
The stunning irony that he'd get killed HERE after 4 deployments of such danger sits so uneasily. I can only imagine his family, after they'd finally realized he was SAFE, then to get the news.
God bless Chris Kyle and God bless his family.
Thanks, Chuck; this is so important.
Thank you for your comment, Z. As I told Odie, above, this is one of those posts that I hate to do. It seems that I'm attaching the mourning streamer to the Colors a lot more than I used to have to do. I fly the Colors 24/7 (flood light comes on at dusk and goes off at sunrise.)
DeleteYes, it was a horrible thing, after all he had been through. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I had a friend who fought in Viet Nam and returned home without a scratch. He went out one early morning to get the newspaper and a copperhead snake bit him on the hand. He died almost instantly. When it's your time, it's your time.
We could use a hell of a lot more ! I wish, now, I would have been one !
ReplyDeleteAs always, thanks Devil Dog !
As always, good to hear from you, Brother! You served and we're Brothers. To be truthfully about it, I was gonna join the Navy. I'm not the brightest light on the string and, somehow, I must have gotten in the wrong line!
DeleteYou do America proud, Marine. Great post!
ReplyDeleteWish I could do more, Koji. Thanks for commenting.
Delete